Friends and relatives who attend college often seek scholarships that will help with college expenses, and one may ask you to write a letter of recommendation to help him or her win a scholarship. Such a letter can be a deciding factor in whether a friend is able to complete a college education. This sample letter of recommendation for a scholarship provides a general format that you can use to help you write your own letter.
City, State, Zip
Dear Scholarship Selection Committee:
As a friend of his family, I have had the pleasure of knowing [Name] since he was born. He has been an outstanding student since the first grade. I strongly recommend him as a recipient of your scholarship award.
I am sure that [Name] will continue to succeed in his studies. He is a dedicated student, and his grades have been consistently exemplary. He always shows great initiative and diligence; he is able to develop intelligent plans and implement them successfully.
He has demonstrated admirable leadership skills. Many new students in his school have sought his advice, and many have shared with me their appreciation of his pleasant, encouraging attitude.
For these reasons, I highly recommend [Name].
Because of his drive to succeed, proven abilities, and impressive academic achievements, [Name] is a worthy candidate for the scholarship. If you have any questions regarding [Name]’s character or achievements, please contact me.
Sample Search Letters:
- Scholarship Recommendation Letter From Friend
- letter of recommendation for scholarship
- Sample Letter Recommendation Scholarship Personal
- Sample Recommendation Letter for Scholarship
- scholarship recommendation letters personal
- sample scholarship recommendation letter
- recommendation letter for scholarship
- scholarship recommendation letter
- Scholarship Recommendation from Family Friend
- sample letter of recommendation for scholarship